Congress has approved an extension of the Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) program.
Some notable details:
- The last week to file an EUC claim is week ending December 29th, 2012.
- The last payable week of EUC is week ending December 29th, 2012.
- Beginning September 2012, the benefit amount of an initial EUC claim (Tier I) will be reduced to 54% of a claimant’s regular unemployment claim rather than the current 80%.
- Eligibility Reviews and Re-employment and Eligibility Assessments (REA) will be required for all claimants who file a new EUC claim or begin the second tier of an EUC claim beginning March 25th forward.
- Utah’s three month average total unemployment rate is currently below %6. Therefore, the week ending April 7th is the last week a claimant can move from TierII to Tier III EUC benefits.